Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Temporary Home

New York is my new temporary home, and along with that is coming some major adjustments. I'm so glad I decided to live in the NYU apartment style dorm instead of subletting a real apartment. I love my roommates, and it made it so much easier to meet people which really took the edge off the minor homesickness I was feeling. Its always hard and sad at first when you are away from home, but there are so many perks to being in NY that I didn't have while I was in London, so thats always a plus.

This time around I have my iphone which has been my savior! I've been able to call my family and text my friends whenever I need a touch of home. Also, the map on the phone has kept me from getting lost multiple times because for some reason I was born without a sense of direction. I thought the grid/block system was supposed to be easy to navigate? Another major perk is that I'm in the same time-zone as Georgia which makes my life 1,000X easier.

I am still enjoying my internship. It gets better everyday, as I feel more comfortable there with each day that passes. Everyone that works there is so young and full of life (they always tease me when I say "y'all") . Today while making countless swatch cards of beautiful lace, I was thinking to myself how much I love the bridal fashion and the industry as a whole. It's all so beautiful. It's still fast paced fashion, but not overwhelming. And what other garment exists that every little girl dreams about owning their whole life? It's a piece of a woman's wardrobe they will either dream about until they get the perfect gown or always remember and look back at. This my friends, is the beauty of bridal.

This weekend will be my first weekend in the city, and I cannot wait!!! Finally, I will get to go out and really enjoy all the sights (and bars). I really need to start taking more pictures! I think I have taken 2 so far, which isn't very good considering my final project is to make a scrapbook of my summer. I wish I could just have a personal photographer follow me around all the time so I didn't have to take them myself. Plus, they would definitely turn out better.

Tomorrow is a Black Eyed Peas benefit concert in the park. We don't have tickets but might just go sit in the park and eat dinner and listen from afar. Seems like a good start to what I'm expecting to be a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment