Tuesday, June 28, 2011

One Of "My Boys" Came To Visit

I was lucky enough to be born the youngest of three children and the only girl. This automatically makes me daddy's little girl and momma's only girl. But it wasn't only the special attention from my parents that made it so great. I have two amazing older brothers. When I was younger I used to rule my house and boss them around. I also would call them "my boys."

Last weekend was so much fun because my oldest brother, Andy, came to visit me. My boss was kind enough to give me the day off on Friday, so I got to spend a full three days with him. We are 7 years apart in age, so we have never really gotten to hang out that much just the two of us. I knew we were going to have fun, but I didn't fully know what to expect.

On Friday we went up to Times Square and waited in line to get 40% off tickets to see the musical "Catch Me If You Can." Then we had all day to waste until the show, so we did all the touristy things I never would have done unless I had someone visiting. (Us "almost New Yorkers"usually avoid the  Times Square madness at all costs) We walked all through Times Square, went in all the huge famous stores, went through Rockafeller Center, saw the shops on 5th Ave, went in FAO Schwartz, etc. I had a lot of fun. Then that night we went to the theater to see the musical, and it was really good! I would recommend it to anyone. It was definitely just like the movie!

Saturday we woke up reallyyyy early to stand in line for tickets again. We got half off tickets to see Zarkana, the newest Cirque du Soleil. It was AMAZING! I had never seen one before and to top it all off this show was in Radio City. I've always heard I should see a show there, and now I can finally say I have.  That evening we went to the Frying Pan with all my friends. The Frying Pan is a dock and old boats on the water that have been converted into a restaurant/bar. It is one of the most fun places I have been in the city, and I cant wait to go back. Andy and I split two pitchers of sangria that were delicious. 

Everyone LOVED Andy! It was so funny, because we have never really gone out together before! All of my friends thought he was so much fun and really liked talking to him. After a long day and even longer night we were both exhausted! 

I'm so glad he was able to come visit. It's weird now being all grown up and being friends with my siblings. I have gotten to be so close with both of them. We have always been close, but now it is a more mature relationship. Even just the other night, my other brother, Matt, texted me that he was so sorry he couldn't visit (because he got a new job!! yay Matt!) but he couldn't wait for me to get back and live in the same state for the first time in over 7 years. 

I love my family so much and am such a lucky girl. I'm a daddy's girl, a momma's girl, and I've got my boys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment