Monday, July 11, 2011

Not So Avid Blogger..

Hello friends and family..

So it's been a while since my last blog post. I really should get better at this. I constantly think about blogging and what I might say next...but I never actually do it. I always write on sticky notes at work, mostly just because I love office supplies, but also to remember the random thoughts that bounce around my head. Today I opened my purse and noticed I had about twenty post its accumulating in my bag. I guess that means it's time for an update.

The only problem is, and those of you who actually know me can probably attest to this, all the post its say the most random things, and none of them go together enough to write an entire blog post about. Oops. I can't help the randomness that ensues in my brain.

One post it just said "Be spontaneous" and the one stuck to it said "O'Mommy." I guess that means I should write about being spontaneous while talking about my grandmother? I'm not really sure. I will try and take better notes, or just actually update this as I think.

But in the mean time, I'll just fill you in on what I've been up to.

Honestly, I've been really lazy. I've enjoyed it though. I think I deserved a lazy week/semi-lazy weekend. A full time job isn't easy. I don't know how actual adults do it. Damn. I'm getting close to being an actual adult. Ew. I don't really like the thought of that. Is it really so bad to want to stay in college forever? I guess I should just accept it. I, Emily Welker, am 21 years old. I work and live in New York City and will only be a student for another year and a half. There. I said it. Now someone pass me a Natty Light.

I've been thinking a lot about my post-graduation plans lately. I had a really great and encouraging conversation with my supervisor on Friday that really made me feel like I could work and live here. I mean, after being here, it definitely would be hard to find something that compares. It really is a city made of dreams. And after speaking with my boss, I feel that one day my dreams could become a reality.

I had brunch on Sunday with my cousin who lives here, and she told me her entire story. She said it isn't easy, but you survive. You make a life for yourself. Everyone who moves here is homesick and struggles at first, but eventually you just never want to leave. New Yorkers love New York so much. Whatever city I do end up in, I just hope I share that same love.

I want to be in love with my city. I want to be in love with my job. I want to be in love with my apartment. And who knows, maybe one day I will be in actual love.  But in the meantime, I am young and have a vast future ahead of me. I'm in no rush. I'm not going to worry about it until I have to. Until then, I will just focus on blogging more often and making sense of the dozens of sticky notes in my purse.

No comments:

Post a Comment